Friday, December 08, 2006

time and knowledge

Oh dear, seems that the cat got stuck in the fridge again..!
(One of my funnies that I got sent to me a while ago..)


Have been having a bit of an interesting week. Decided to take a couple of mornings off from work and heck, it makes a difference. Don't get paid for not being at the office (even if I do work at home!), but it definitely puts the bounce back into your step when you have a bit more time up your sleeve and can enjoy a bit more leisurely time in the apartment or with your friends.) I recommend doing this if you are just feeling a bit fed up with work. Of course, not being paid is not the greatest thing, and the cheque can seem a bit less than normal, but for the well-being of your life and health, then I suggest to you, just take a morning off, or take an afternoon off. Sure puts a smile on your face and the day goes by so much more pleasant.

Still working on immunotherapy and cancer and it is getting a bit more interesting to what it first appeared to me. Obviously, I am not a rocket scientist and don't really have much more knowledge about cancer than college student, however, the more you read into something, you can become immersed into it. Even if you aren't that interested in it at first, I think you can find something in there that can act as a leverage, and as you know, knowledge is never wasted. Although, I have yet to find the use of algebra since leaving high school. Everything else has come up, including scattergrams and histograms from Biology. Who would have thought when I was studying at high school that I would find myself using the knowledge I learnt regarding genetics and the recombinant of DNA?! Certainly not me. So, I always contemplate that, eventhough I may not like what I am researching or learning, there will always be a time in the future that will help me in what I need to know. And if you are stuck to try and find something new to learn, I suggest talking to someone (you do or don't know), and find something that you can learn from them, or just observe what is around you..

And if you are wondering, my kidney is better. Must have just stretched a side of it or Something. Kind of weird..

Any piece of knowledge I acquire today has a value at this moment exactly proportioned to my skill to deal with it. Tomorrow, when I know more, I recall that piece of knowledge and use it better.
The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.

Mark Van Doren


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home