Wednesday, December 20, 2006

chilly days


Today my ears froze while I cycled to work. This is the first time it has happened, so it definitely has a winter feel in the air now. Almost time to bring out the cashmere coat?.....
Went to a great sushi restaurant which was very reasonably priced and tasty! Sushi is best when it is cold but sometimes you want to have hot food and sushi doesn't seem to be on the list for lunch. However it was really good and will go back there again! Good friend M was kind enough to show me the place. Lucky me!
Stayed at work till 7.15 last night. Latest I have been at work since I can remember! (at least over a year anyway). I had a few things to catch up on and it was nice and quiet in the office. Noone to disturb my concentration. The guy that sits to me has a rather loud voice, and hard to block out when you are working. Not to mention the decibel limit. Luckily he doesn't talk to me or that much, so it's ok. He keeps to himself which is great. Oh and one other thing, he doesn't smoke, which is a relief as some people can smell like ashtrays! (You can guess I'm not into smoking at all.) It's a shame that cigarettes in Japan are so cheap and you can buy them at any vending machine located pretty much anywhere over here. Drink vending machines are obviously a lot more common though.

The Norov virus seems to be doing quite well in Japan and more people have been becoming infected. I guess people's immunity is a lot weaken at this time of year and so it is very easy for them to pick it up, especially if the food contains shellfish and served at hotels where the food can be easily contaminated. Luckily I am not one for raw oysters. (Love them crumbed though!)

You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 10:49 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I JUST saw your comment re buying a digital camera and maybe you have bought one since then? Wasn't able to check the date and have to run right now but if you haven't bought one, I can maybe help you with things to think about. You can write me at andrys1 at yahoo.com . I see some nice pics here so maybe you already bought one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home