Thursday, September 28, 2006

inspiration


Finally, went to my yoga class last night. Decided it I am really determined to go, that I should just leave from work instead of going home first. Once you are at home, it really is hard to leave. I think everyone is like that after a hard day at the office, and all you really want to do is to relax in your own surroundings and enjoy dinner. For me it was the best thing that I could have done and feel so much better for it too. Amazing how an hour and a half can do to you and clear out the cobwebs! My teacher is an inspiration to me and always learn something more about life and what really is important in this world.

One thing that I really enjoy about yoga, and perhaps it is the same as any sport or activity that you are interested in, is that your mind is totally focused on what you are doing, and when the mind wanders off about some thought about something or someone, then you are distracted and lose your concentration and perhaps make a mistake or injure yourself. Well, that is my thought for the moment and that is to concentrate on what you are doing fully and be aware of what you are doing in the moment of time. That way you are focused on what you are doing and making peace with your thoughts. I think I was quite peaceful when I took the photo above. It was taken back home in NZ over looking the mountains where I used to live.

I liked this quote from Albert Einstein. It seems quite appropriate for the past couple of posts in this blog.

A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space.
He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest,
a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires
and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Albert Einstein

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home