Friday, April 14, 2006

security

Security at the company where I work is rather weird. I have been employed for 6 years and on my second contract (3 years), however, to enter my floor where I have my desk, it is manatory that I check in at the reception desk each time and acquire a card that entitles me to enter the building. (One of the nice things are, the receptionist now knows the number to my department and has called up before I even reach the receptionist desk! How is that for VIP treatment. Even get a very nice greeting from the security guy too.) What it doesn't do is let me in on my actual working floor. Therefore, I have to get someone from my department to meet me at the elevator each time I want to enter my floor. I can't even go down and buy a latte from the decent coffee shop downstairs within the building. However, I am allowed to sneak in behind someone if they are to enter my floor or the coffee shop. Kind of ironic when they try and make the security so strict in the first place. Can't complain though as I do have freedom within the strange set of security rules. As long as you can find that, then every other illogical rule can be passed by.

This week was a week full of NZer's in Tokyo. It must have something to do with the weather (West coast weather I think?!). Had a friend up from Te Anau and then another Kiwi friend from Vietnam and then my mother arrives on Sunday night! Talk about when it rains it pours, just like the West Coast!

Now enjoying a special treat since it's Friday, after all.. My usual (or unusual) favourite latte from one of the chain cafes. (I wonder which??!)


When we feel love and kindness toward others,
it not only makes others feel loved and cared for,
but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.

HH the Dalai Lama

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home