Thursday, April 13, 2006

sore throats and fever

Been a while since I last blogged in, as I have been kept busy with trying to recover from a spring cold, which started off with a sore throat one day and recovered the next, only to find I got another sore throat and ended up with a fever that night! Talk about a weird cold that is for sure. Back on the track to being better - thank goodness and at last I think we are heading (finally!!) into real Spring weather. Today being very Spring like with a temperature around 19 degrees. Even ate lunch outside in the near-by park looking over the last of the cherry blossoms, that are soon to disappear completely.

Had my first official "driving in Tokyo" on Sunday. One of my good friends decided that I could drive their car (fortunately or unfortuantely), I jumped at the idea and into the drivers seat and set off to Jiyugaoka (from my place around 20mins, if no traffic jams). Was just like riding a bike. Car spaces over here are a premium, around 400-500NZ dollars a month where I am living, so I guess I will just stick with rental cars for now.

Mother is arriving on Sunday to Tokyo. She is going to challenge herself and take the highway express bus to get here and then will just go to the hotel and pick her up in a taxi. A great convenient service and one of the cheaper ways to get from Narita airport to my place. Will be weird living with a parent again. Will have to make sure I am on my best behaviour! Hee hee.

Good friend M arrived from NZ on Tuesday and we met up. M has become quite Kiwi-fied and seems to have assimilated into the Kiwi culture with an accent. Me, well, she was astonished at how "Japanese-like" I have become in my arrangement of things and thinking! Obviously, still haven't got the look of a Japanese.. One thing about being foreigner in Japan, as no matter how well you speak Japanese or have culturally-attuned to the culture, you will always be referred to as a foreigner. Obviously, this has it's advantages and disadvantages, but usually carrying advantages in my perspective.

There is nothing like a dream to create the future.
Victor Hugo

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home